Dedicated Nashville criminal defense lawyer
A Nashville native, Ben began his legal career with Hollins, Raybin & Weissman after graduating from Vanderbilt University Law School in 2010.
While at Vanderbilt, Ben was Articles Editor for the Vanderbilt Law Review, in which he published a Note on federal criminal law: “Objection: Your Honor is Being Unreasonable!” Law and Policy Opposing the Federal Sentencing Order Objection Requirement, 63 Vand. L. Rev. 235 (2010).
From 2011 to 2012, Ben took a one-year hiatus from the firm to serve as a law clerk for Judges Jane B. Stranch and Gilbert S. Merritt, both of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit. As a law clerk, Ben assisted the judges with dozens of cases in several areas of law—such as criminal (state and federal), civil rights, personal injury, employment, contracts and constitutional.
In his practice at the firm, Ben has defended numerous clients against misdemeanor citations as well as misdemeanor and felony arrests, and has also worked on several civil cases involving personal injury and civil rights matters. Ben has appeared multiple times in both television and print news giving interviews on trending legal cases and issues.
Prior to law school, Ben attended the University of Chicago—graduating with honors. Outside of work, Ben enjoys coaching the USN mock trial team, cheering the Tennessee Titans to victory, attending art shows featuring the work of his talented sister Jaime Raybin, and traveling with his wife Sarah.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Middle and Eastern Districts of Tennessee
Professional Bar Association and Memberships
- Nashville Bar Association
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Past Employment Positions
- Hollins, Raybin & Weissman, Associate, 2010-11, 2012-
- Judge Jane B. Stranch, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Law Clerk, 2011-12
- Judge Gilbert S. Merritt, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit, Law Clerk, 2012