Experienced Nashville Child Support Lawyers
Do you need legal representation to resolve a child support issue?
In many cases, a divorce or separation can lead to legal disputes over child support. Because the welfare of a child is involved, these disputes can be highly emotional and cause both parents a lot of stress.
If you are having a problem paying or receiving child support, it’s important to speak with a knowledgeable Nashville family law attorney who will provide a clear assessment of your case and explain your options.
Our family lawyers will determine your rights and responsibilities
At the law firm of Hollins, Raybin & Weissman, we know that nothing is more important to you than the welfare of your child. Our knowledgeable attorneys have decades of experience working in family law. We’ve probably even worked on a case just like yours. Our team will help you determine your rights and responsibilities for making or receiving child support payments.
Our experienced family lawyers will help resolve problems such as:
- Establishing your right to receive child support
- Understanding your obligation to pay child support
- Modifying child support arrangements on the basis of changed circumstances
- Enforcing your rights under an existing parenting plan
We know Tennessee child support laws and provide valuable advice
The basic child support obligations in a divorce case or paternity proceeding are calculated by the Tennessee Child Support Guidelines. The goals of these guidelines are to minimize the economic impact on children when parents live apart, and let the child share in the higher standard of living enjoyed by one or both parents.
Our expert legal advice may helpful in cases such as:
- Determining accurate income and expense figures for a parent who is self-employed or an independent contractor;
- Identifying or reviewing hardship claims related to the care of an elderly parent, other children or the parent’s own medical condition;
- Paying for the child’s special needs, ranging from private school tuition to medical treatment not covered by insurance; and
- Modifying child support obligations because of substantially changed circumstances, such as a change in income of 15 percent or more.
We know there are many situations in which the resolution of child support issues is more complex than simply filling out worksheets. Our family law attorneys help you understand your options and bring your case to a positive resolution. Our goal is to help you do what’s best for you and your family.
If you or a loved needs advice related to a child support issue in Middle Tennessee, contact the experienced family law team at Hollins, Raybin & Weissman today to schedule a free, confidential consultation.